News from Russia
- Created on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 07:33
On Wednesday, May 14, the State Duma approved in first reading the bill on dual citizenship. The document requires citizens to notify in writing the local FMS (Federal Migration Service) upon obtaining foreign citizenship within one month after receiving it.
In addition, the citizens of Russia who have already obtain a citizenship of another country prior to the adoption of this new law, will be required notify the local office of the FMS within three months.
Failure to perform this duty will result in a fine of up to 200 thousand rubles or in the amount of wages or other income of the convicted person for a period up to one year, or in compulsory works for a term of up to 400 hours.
However, according to the lawmakers, the document needs substantial revision for the second reading.
Popular news items:
- Dual citizenship law and permanent residency - 20 May 2014 - Read 15600 times
- Dual citizenship registration - 27 Mar 2014 - Read 11077 times
- Home care in Moscow - 18 May 2010 - Read 8047 times
- Victory Day 2013 in Moscow, Russia Video - 09 May 2013 - Read 7319 times
- Victor Shenderovich in Charlotte - 10 Aug 2015 - Read 7297 times