- Created on Wednesday, 20 June 2007 08:49
Russian Navy anti-submarine warfare ship Admiral Chabanenko is near the shores of North Carolina this week.
The ASW ship Admiral Chabanenko is taking part in a joint naval exercise with the USS Destroyer Laboon, the HMS Frigate Portland (United Kingdom), and the La Fayette Stealth Frigate (France). The exercise includes the repulsion of an attack by small-sized vessels, helicopter rescue operations, personnel transfer procedures, and joint maneuvering. An added purpose is to promote cooperation between the Russian Navy and the navies of the NATO countries.
The Admiral Chabanenko arrived to Norfolk, VA last Friday. From June 18 to 22 the ships will be in the waters off North Carolina and Virginia.
The ASW ship Admiral Chabanenko
Related news items:
Popular news items:
- NC drivers license test in Russian questioned - 02 Jun 2010 - Read 9234 times
- Russian submarines near US east coast - 04 Aug 2009 - Read 7912 times
- Taxes increase in North Carolina - 31 Aug 2009 - Read 6376 times
- Russian Navy Ships at DNC in Charlotte - 12 Sep 2012 - Read 5841 times
- Moldova - NC Parner - 11 Apr 2006 - Read 4966 times