- Created on Tuesday, 20 November 2007 05:42
Washington-based CQ Press published a list of the most dangerous and the safest U.S. cities according to the FBI crime statistics. Cary, NC is in the top twenty safest cities. Charlotte, NC takes the 50th spot in the list of most dangerous cities. Other North Carolina cities in the rankings are Durham, Fayetteville, Greensboro, High Point, Raleigh, Wilmington and Winston-Salem.
The report included 378 cities with at least 75,000 people based on per-capita rates for homicide, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary and auto theft.
North Carolina statistics:
|North Carolina city
||Most dangerous order
Across the country, the cities with the most crime per-capita are Detroit, MI; St. Louis, MO, and Flint, MI. Our neighbors in South Charleston, South Carolina, are in the 7th place for the most dangerous.
The safest U.S. cities in terms of crime are Mission Viejo, CA; Clarkstown, NY; Brick Township, NJ; Amherst, NY and Sugar Land, TX.
Related news items:
Popular news items:
- Peggy Hilt sentence reduced - 01 Oct 2006 - Read 9442 times
- Suspects in Irina Yarmolenko murder - 03 Feb 2009 - Read 7556 times
- Russian women and North Carolina soldiers marriage scam - 07 Nov 2009 - Read 6188 times
- Fort Bragg soldier to be tried in Russia - 26 Jan 2007 - Read 5818 times
- New evidence in Irina Yarmolenko murder - 13 May 2009 - Read 5800 times