- Created on Tuesday, 20 November 2007 10:42
Washington-based CQ Press published a list of the most dangerous and the safest U.S. cities according to the FBI crime statistics. Cary, NC is in the top twenty safest cities. Charlotte, NC takes the 50th spot in the list of most dangerous cities. Other North Carolina cities in the rankings are Durham, Fayetteville, Greensboro, High Point, Raleigh, Wilmington and Winston-Salem.
The report included 378 cities with at least 75,000 people based on per-capita rates for homicide, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary and auto theft.
North Carolina statistics:
|North Carolina city
||Most dangerous order
Across the country, the cities with the most crime per-capita are Detroit, MI; St. Louis, MO, and Flint, MI. Our neighbors in South Charleston, South Carolina, are in the 7th place for the most dangerous.
The safest U.S. cities in terms of crime are Mission Viejo, CA; Clarkstown, NY; Brick Township, NJ; Amherst, NY and Sugar Land, TX.
Related news items:
Popular news items:
- Suspects in Irina Yarmolenko murder - 03 Feb 2009 - Read 985 times
- Russian women and North Carolina soldiers marriage scam - 08 Nov 2009 - Read 686 times
- Peggy Hilt sentence reduced - 02 Oct 2006 - Read 629 times
- Russian hockey player charged with murder in North Carolina - 28 Dec 2009 - Read 610 times
- Fort Bragg soldier to be tried in Russia - 27 Jan 2007 - Read 469 times